Friday, September 7, 2012

Day Seven - Husavik to Reykjavik

This morning we slept in after our late night and then packed up and cleaned our cabin. We said our goodbyes and thanks to the owners of the Kaldbaks cabins, grabbed a quick lunch in Husavik and then we were on the road back to Reykjavik (about a 6 hour drive).

It was a rainy day which meant that we didn't get to take as many photos as we had planned, but the drive was still enjoyable as always. After a stop in Akureryi we continued on to Hvammstangi where we met up with our friends Eydis and Fanney who we met on our first trip to Iceland. We sat a talked for a bit and then followed them back to their farm where they showed us around and we got to see their beautiful horses. I wish we could have spent more time there but it was very wet!

We rolled into Reykjavik just before dark and checked into our apartment at Hotel Fron. Then to bed we went!

Weathervane at Kaldbaks Kot Cottages

At Kaldbaks Kot 

Pretty font in Husavik

Afternoon donut


I looooove this so much. 

Pointies 

Pretty Akureyri 
Pretty horses


Snowy peaks




3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful trip overview. I came across your original blog accidentally while researching a possible trip to Iceland. Seeing that it IS possible to have a nice "off the beaten path" vacation with kids in Iceland inspired me to plan a trip of our own. Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! It makes me so happy to hear that my blog was a benefit to someone! When planning our first trip to Iceland, I had quite a hard time finding any information -- it was a big job! The second time, only two years later, was much easier. Seems like more and more people are going and there is more information online now.

      I would be happy to help in any way I can if you need any advice or assistance while you're planning. Good luck and have fun! Iceland will change your life. :)

      Delete
  2. I too would like to chime in to thank you for your two blogs about Iceland. We're planning a trip at the end of May (sad to miss the northern lights, but hoping to catch a puffin!) and your blog has been really helpful. Your photos are GORGEOUS! My DIL and I are getting so excited -- and a bit nervous, as I'm realizing that we won't have nearly enough time. (We'll just have to go back like you did LOL.)

    I do have one question -- you mentioned a hidden viking village in this post: http://www.wedoiceland.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-seven-hofn-to-seyisfjorur.html Do you by any chance remember how to get there? Or the name of it so that we could ask for directions?

    ReplyDelete